Hagstrom Pat Smear Signature
Pat Smear needs no introduction. He has been in the vanguard of music history his entire career, from the early years as a founding member of the seminal punk band “The Germs”, to his stint with the legendary Nirvana, and on to his current role laying down colossal riffs for the Foo Fighters. Hagstrom has been his instrument of choice since the 1970’s, creating a deep and authentic bond that has lasted decades.
We at Hagstrom Guitars were both pleased and honored to be given the task of transforming his privately customized and road-proven vintage Hagstrom into the Pat Smear Signature guitar you see here. An additional source of pride for us is that the Pat Smear Signature guitar you find at your Hagstrom dealer is identical to the one Pat plays night after night on some of the largest stages in the world.
Pick one up at your Hagstrom dealer and join us in this unique, historic relationship.
A Combination of H-II and Super Swede
This slick black beauty is a voluptuous blend of vintage Hagstrom H-IIN-OT and modern-day Super Swede. Its sleek mahogany body and deeply contoured maple top provide a deep, projecting platform for Hagstrom’s Custom 58 AlNiCo humbucking pickups, enabling the guitar to cut through the mix and sit right in the middle of the Foo’s triple-guitar onslaught. Elegant, clean tones meet highly saturated distortion. Just what Pat ordered.
Pat Smear Signature Specs
- Material: Mahogany
- Top: Custom Carved Maple
- Material: Mahogany
- Joint: Set Neck
- Trussrod: H-Expander™
- Material: Resinator™
- Position Marks: Hagstrom Pearl Block Inlay
- Fretboard Radius: 15“
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 24,75“ / 628 mm
- Nut: Graph Tech™ Black Tusq XL
- Nut Width: 43 mm
- Pickups: 2 x Hagstrom Custom 58 AlNiCo
- Pickup: Selector 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Controls: 2 x Volume 2 x Tone
- Tuning Keys: Hagstrom 18:1 Die Cast
- Stoptail Bridge: Long Travel Tune-O-Matic Roller Bridge & Hagstrom Stop
- Tailpiece with Brass String Blocks
- String Setup 10-46 - .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046